This quaint village attracts locals and visitors alike with charming shops, storefronts, cafes and taverns. In addition, it has been nationally recognized by the White House as a “Preserve America Community.” There is so much to see and do, but here is one recommended route that you’re sure to enjoy:
- Begin your ride at the jewel of German Village, Schiller Park. Grab a CoGo bike at the Schiller Park - Stewart Ave station, located on the west side of the park.
- Ride north on City Park Ave to the top of the park, then take a right on Reinhard Ave and a quick left on S. 3rd Street.
- Enjoy the half mile bike ride north on S. 3rd Street to the 3rd St and Sycamore St CoGo station. Here, you can drop off the bike and visit a number of shops and cafes in the area.
- When you’re ready to continue, head east on Sycamore and ride about nine blocks to Jaeger Street, where you will make a right to head south.
- Take Jaeger Street all the way back down to Schiller Park, where you can enjoy the green space, landscaped gardens, a recreation center, picnic areas, softball diamonds, a fishing pond and a stage for the Actor's Summer Theater. Or you can return your bike to the Jaeger St and Whittier St station, which is just east of the park.
The total distance is just over one mile. It should take 10 to 40 minutes, depending on how long you stop to enjoy the village. Remember, the first 30 minutes of each ride are included in the Day Pass price, and if you want to keep your bike out for longer, it's just an extra $3 for each additional 30 minutes. Or to reset your ride timer and avoid extra fees, just dock your bike every 30 minutes at any CoGo station along the way and pick up a new bike when you're ready to continue.